This gives an overview of past and current projects.
- Looking beyond the score: Stimulating creative processes in music education.
- The exploration of specific modalities of musical co-play in relation to psychopathology. Development of new styles in improvisation and composition.
- Into the Wild. Musical Communication in Ensemble Playing: From Multidisciplinary to Interdisciplinary Research Strategies.
- Respectus. Reconstructing Artistic Interventions in Music Educational Practices.
Current PhD projects
- Music Learning through Reflections. When the music educators artistic identity resonates with the music learning of students in a non-formal context (Tine Castelein)
- Transformation in Improvisation (Katrien Foubert).
- Anonymus. Onderzoek naar muzikale creatie- en communicatieprocessen bij studenten.
- MELoDiA; Music Edutainment Looking at the Digital Age.
- On-the-spot Music Teaching; de muziekleraar in onmiddellijke muzikale interacties.
- Music and Psychosis. The transition from sensorial play to musical form by psychotic patients in a music therapy process.
- Music Therapy and Dementia; the role of musical improvisation in the occurrence of essential moments of meeting in music therapy with people in a severe stage of dementia.